Guidelines for Contributors
Thank you for contributing to the dialogue on innovative research practices and the history of medicine. When your proposal has been approved, please consult this guide to draft your post.
All submissions to the blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Address a general audience.
- Be approximately 500 words in length (less or more is fine)
- Follow the Chicago Manual of Style
- Include hyperlinks and footnotes for citations.
- Include at least one image, but the more images the better.
- Posts which contain the following will not be accepted:
- Vulgar or abusive language, threats or personal attacks, or offensive language that target individuals or groups
- Endorsement of political parties, candidates, or groups
- Endorsement of a product, service, or enterprise
- Information or images that infringe on intellectual property rights
- Sensitive personally identifiable information
- Anything that appears to be legal, medical, or financial advice
- Any violation of a legal statute not otherwise mentioned
Please make sure you complete the “About Yourself” section under the Users page of your WordPress profile. At the minimum please include:
- 3-4 sentences about yourself
- A headshot
Images & Video
- Minimum specifications for the images are:
- 72dpi 1200 pixels high by 1600 wide or larger
- Separate files, outside of a word document.
- TIF, JPG or PNG, please.
- For all images please provide:
- Credits if required,
- captions if desired,
- links to original sources if possible.
Indicate links in the text as follows: “This will be a link [http://www.example.com]”
Comments will not be published if they contain the following:
- Obscene, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate language
- Personal attacks or threats
- Political campaigning
- Copyright infringement
- Confidential or proprietary information
- Material that may violate individual privacy rights